Thursday, September 24, 2009

They're Holding a Spot for You In the Losers' Club

Okay, I'm ready to slit my wrists.  NOT because Macy Gray and Ashley Hamilton were kicked off the show (I mean welcomed into the Losers' Club!), but because Edyta is being sent home as well.  I LOVE making fun of her outfits (or lack thereof).  I'm really upset about this!  Had I only known, I would have made fun of her legwarmers more.

I really liked the entire program last night.  It was fast-paced and there wasn't a lot of totally useless filler.  And the filler segments they did were actually amusing.  I actually thought the Losers' Club was very funny.  Kenny Mayne, Penn Jillette and Jeffrey Ross did an admirable job of representing the club members.  But what about the others?  Trista Rehn Sutter?  Tucker Carlson?  Paulina Porizkova?  Josie Maran?  Monica Seles?  Belinda Carlisle?  What?  They were all too busy to attend last night's televised club meeting? 

And as long as the club has been formed, don't you think they ought to go ahead and let Jonathan Roberts and Edyta Sliwinska in, too?  This is not the first time Edyta has been sent home first--thanks to Jeffrey Ross.  Nor is it the first time Jonathan Roberts has gone home first--thanks to both Monica Seles and Belinda Carlisle.  In fact, Jonathan goes down in DWTS history as the first professional dancer to get kicked off first in two consecutive seasons.  (Cheers from the crowd!!)  How humiliating.  Hopefully they get paid for the whole season and not just for the shows they actually manage to stay on.


Oh, and I'm not going to miss Ashley Hamilton or Macy Gray.  Neither of them had even a tiny bit of rhythm and Ashley Hamilton has no discernable fan base.  I mean, really, without the "George Hamilton's son" after his name, did you really know who he was?  I think his only claim to fame was being married to Shannen Doherty for about 10 minutes and who cares about that?  And, Macy Gray?  The woman couldn't walk across the room in time to the music, so I don't think her DWTS career had a lot of long-term potential.  And if Jonathan wasn't right next to her all the time, could she actually stand up on her own?  She looked like she was using him as a crutch to hold herself upright.

The special performances? 

Okay, Sean Kingston.  I actually only know how to spell his name because I checked the "Info" button on my remote after he was introduced.  Rap and ballroom dance.  What's the connection again?  I guess there were some dancers behind him that looked like they were doing a little Swing or something.  That must have been it.

Miley Cyrus?  Her ballroom dance connection?  Dancers behind her doing ballroom dance moves?  None.  Actual ballroom dance moves performed by her during her video?  None--although Julianne Hough used to do some of that hair flinging stuff Miley was doing.  Miley's father, Billy Ray, was on season 4--maybe that's the connection.  And since when do we show videos instead of doing live performances on DWTS?  Kind of lame.  Besides, I can't believe that the DWTS audience is the demographic that her music video is aimed at. 

I did love "The Lion King" performance.  The costumes are spectacular (in fact, I just read this morning that some of them are headed to The Smithsonian) and the performance was very cool.  Even if it wasn't directly related to ballroom dancing, I'd take a performance like that over a Miley Cyrus video any ol' day.  Let's hope the Macy's Stars of Dance performances continue to be of this caliper, rather than the nonsense we were subjected to last season.

Adam Corolla, who I guess was so upset at being excluded from the Losers' Club that he had to muscle his way in somehow, brought us the pre-game locker room pep talk the men hadn't been wanting.  Although his question to Donny Osmond, "Donny, you're 51 years old.  When do we get to call you Don?" was what I've been thinking for the past several weeks.

And I loved the salute to Patrick Swayze.  Actually, any time I can see the professional dancers do a routine, it's a real treat, and last night we got to watch several minutes of truly lovely dancing.  Much better than most of the Macy's Stars of Dance performances!  Why doesn't Macy's sponsor that?!

That's it until next week!

3 comments:

  1. kathy ireland should go back to designing furniture. i can't imagine her dancing the paso, jive or the quick step....bye kathy
    she doesn't even look like she's having fun.
    also i'm sooooooooooooo glad macy gray is gone. when it comes to potential...none.
    rehab? perhaps.
    let's get the losers back on the bus and start watching the contenders do their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot...ashley hamilton...who is he again?
    his fifteen minutes was reduced to 30 thirty seconds of fame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anyone tell me what Fraiser (Kelsey Gramer) was doing in the front row with his wife? Did I miss something...was he once a celebrity dancer or perhaps comtemplating. Sorry everyone, I love DONNY Osmond. Since we can't get John Travolta, he may be the next thing. He can dance!

    ReplyDelete

Let everyone know what YOU think!