Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And Then There Were 13...

Okay, these results shows are starting to get on my nerves a bit. There's just too darned much filler that has absolutely nothing to do with ballroom dancing. So...in no particular order, here's what I thought:


--I hated Samantha's hair and the great big black spider she appeared to be wearing around her neck. But her black mermaid dress looked great on her.

--Loved Mýa's encore dance. It was probably the best dance of the evening.

--Joss Stone sang while two professional dancers I've never heard of danced. Geez. They've got Jonathan and Edyta--couldn't they have danced?

--The Dancing With the Stars Training Center was kind of interesting. I wonder if that's so the producers can control how many hours the "stars" are rehearsing and, thus, avoid lawsuits around potential injuries? But some of them could use a little extra after school practice time, don't you think?

--Disney's Selena Gomez sang with Derek and Karina dancing. Pardon me for noticing, but does Karina seem to be taking over for Edyta in the lack of clothing department? I hope so--I miss making fun of Edyta.

--The Bad Habits filler segment was pretty lame. The professional dancers were all whining about how many bad habits their "stars" have, which they have to fix before they can teach them how to dance. Excuses, excuses.

--What does the USC Trojan Marching Band have to do with ballroom dancing again? And...why did they all have sunglasses on...in the building? Were the breakdancer/acrobats and stomping/clomping finger snapping guys supposed to be our salute to dancers this week, Macy's? I knew it was too good to be true when they brought us actual talent last week!

--Joss Stone's "Son of a Preacher Man" was accompanied by Dmitry, Louie, Anna and Cheryl performing a Samba. But, I just wanted to tell Cheryl to get her hair out of her eyes the entire time.

--And then, after all the suspense of having Louie Vito, Debi Mazar and Kathy Ireland "in jeopardy", they announced a bottom two. This may just have been to scare Debi into not chattering throughout her entire rehearsal time...or just a nod to the fact that she probably has no fan base. I am still ot sure who she is.

--And so, Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani dance off into DWTS obscurity to the strains of "If I Could Turn Back Time". Oh, well. Doesn't she have a multi-million dollar empire to run or something?

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking Donny so much...I think I need to go to Vegas to see his song and dance act. Although Marie reported on ET that his legs are hurting him so much that he actually had to amend and tone down some of his Vegas dance numbers; even the ageless age.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Let everyone know what YOU think!